Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Interesting Fourth

We've had quite a day.

8:40 Drive to Needham - Fourth of July parade

11:30 Drive home from Needham - The parade was two hours long!
I think the girls liked it too, but they did spend three-quarters of it with their ears covered. We have never seen (or heard) so many fire engines...

1:00 Off to my Uncle Mark's annual party - catered by Woodmans - shrimp, chowder, mussels, steamers, lobster, chicken, strawberry shortcake... The girls spent three hours in the pool. They lounged around on their swim rings as if they didn't have a care in the world. :o)

7:00 Heading over to the fireworks. It's raining, but we're optimistic. The girls fell asleep on the way - much needed nap. We wait in the car.

8:20 Break in the rain. We head out to find a spot.

9:00 It's pouring, but the fireworks begin!

9:03 Haley starts crying hysterically. "I want to go home!!!!" Becca hears her and starts crying herself. R and I shove everything back in the wagon and start walking (in the dark) back to the car. As we walk away, I reach down to touch my keys. I had them. 100 yards later I check again - gone. B and H are still screaming. With B clutching my neck, I turn around to find my keys. Two helpful police officers bring their flashlights and scan the ground. (Thank God - Can you imagine NOT finding them?) B and H continue crying until we've drive away from the parking lot.

Happy Fourth!!!!


P.S. For those of you who might think I'm torturing my girls by bringing them to the fireworks, they loved them last year. We had considered not going this year because of the rain, but little B has been talking about them excitedly for days! When I mentioned they might be cancelled, she was hysterical.

4 comments:

J.Rowe said...

Sounds like a great Fourth. There's nothing better than fireworks on the Fourth. We always went to see them as kids. I'm hoping Dylan likes them. We went last year and saw them from a distance. He had no clue.

We'll see our at the end of the summer. So glad to see you're blogging. I'm glad that I looked.

Anonymous said...

Love the new layout.....hope you are having a great summer!
-nic

J.Rowe said...

I also love the new look of the blog...more you!!

J.Rowe said...

I tagged you...I think it's time for some kind of post: )