Saturday, May 06, 2006

Duck, Duck, Goose

B got creative today as we hung out with the kids in her backyard. The boys wanted to go inside and she wasn't ready to go in yet. (It was soooooooo beautiful out.)Somehow, "Duck, Duck, Goose" popped into her head. She decided to teach five children 3 years old and under how to play.

First, she gathered them together and asked them to sit in a circle. This was a challenge in itself. They ended up in a deranged looking oval. :o) Good enough. Betsy started teaching them how to play. They all listened very intently to the directions. But they didn't quite get it. When the goose called "Goose!" instead of duck, nobody got up and ran. When we encouraged them to run, all the kids got up and ran. So that's what the game turned into. One of the kids would say, "duck, duck, duck, goose..." and all the kids would get up, run around the tree and run back to the circle. Hysterical! It was such fun to watch!

B got even more creative. Maybe she was afraid the kids would get bored, because she decided to change the game. Now instead of playing "Duck, Duck, Goose", they played "Spaghetti, Spaghetti, Meatball". Have you heard of it? :o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your telling of the story. I can just see all those cuties running around the tree! LOL

Alicia said...

too funny... That's how I sing songs with my little ones...

Moo moo, black cow, have you any milk?

or

I'm being swallowed by a tyrannosaur, I'm being swallowed by a tyrannosaur...

and so on... those songs can get so very tedious after 5 or 6 years of singing them over and over again! Creativity is the name of the game!

Alicia said...

P.S. -- I'm so glad B has you for a friend. We all need friends who are there through thick and thin, and we widders with kids more so than most.

M said...

Pentha, I'm lucky to have her as well. :o)

b said...

No, Pentha was right. I'm the lucky one. And that game was one of the funniest things I've seen our kids do.