Friday, May 26, 2006

I'm It

I was tagged by B. Here goes.

I am... exhausted. Four hours of sleep just doesn't cut it.

I want... to lay in bed all day with a good book.

I wish... that our week at the vacation house were here.

I hate... to wait. I have absolutely no patience. (Except for with kids. :o)

I miss... freedom. Don't get me wrong. I adore my children. They bring me such joy every day. But I would love to just get up and go when I want to go once in a while. I also have this vague memory of R and I just hanging out.

I fear... small spaces. I am very claustrophobic. Leaving a concert is torture for me because it's wall to wall people. I have to stop every five seconds or so and take deep breaths.

I hear... music. I hear lyrics to songs in what people say all the time. They'll say a phrase that reminds me of a song, and suddenly I'm singing it.

I wonder... how I'll ever handle our girls growing up. I just picture them older and I start to cry. I think I'll be a mess.

I regret... my inability to handle finances. I'm not sure we'll ever own a house.

I am not... good at relaxing. I'm trying to get better. But I have to work very hard at it. (How ironic. :o)

I dance... as often as possible. I LOVE to dance (but am awful at it). I don't like to leave the dance floor at weddings and parties. I even dance to Barney and Dora music with the girls while I'm doing dishes. :o)

I sing... more often than I dance. Music is energizing, stimulating, soothing and comforting to me - all at the same time. I know lyrics to many, many songs. Half the time I'm not even aware that I'm singing them.

I cry... constantly. Sappy movies, television shows, commercials, at weddings, looking at my girls, when I see someone else crying... It doesn't take anything to get me started.

I am not always... organized. But I would like to be. I'm good at organizing things, but I struggle to make the time to keep it that way.

I make with my hands... nothing. I'm terrible with my hands. I can't create or even cook. (Although I'm trying.)

I write... hesitantly. I like when I'm done, but I find the process somewhat painful.

I confuse... recipes. I'm a terrible cook, but I keep trying out new recipes. I inevitably mess them up somehow. B is very accustomed to getting phone calls - How do you... What does it mean when... Ask her to tell you about the garlic...

I need... to learn to relax.

I should... I'm trying to take this word out of my vocabulary, so I refuse to respond to this one.

I start... watching movies and tend to fall asleep. I usually have to ask R. if I've even seen most movies.

I finish... boxes of cereal without realizing it. Cap'n Crunch, Cocoa Krispies, Frosted Flakes, Apple Jacks, most anything sweet. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Kind of disgusting I know, but I'm addicted.

2 comments:

b said...

I love this post. Very well written.

Mrs. G.F. said...

Nice...

I am so with you on the freedom one, it's on mine too!!

:)