Saturday, May 20, 2006

Have you seen Movin' Out?

I'm not sure I can put this into words, but I'll try. B and I went to see Movin' Out tonight at the Opera House. The only thing I can really say is - brilliant. I certainly knew "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" tells a story, but to integrate all of Billy Joel's other songs? Brilliant.

If you can't tell how much I liked it yet, I'll add this. I never sat back in my seat. I couldn't take my eyes off the stage and I wish I could see it again tomorrow. The dancing was so powerful and emotional. I wish I could move my body like that. Better yet, I wish I could communicate with my body like that.

To top it off, the music was Billy Joel's - my all time favorite. There's something that happens to me when I listen to his music. It's comforting and invigorating at the same time.

If you haven't seen Movin' Out - go see it. It's here until May 28.

2 comments:

b said...

Thanks for taking me. It was, as you say, brilliant!

ramblingmuse said...

I saw it here in SF. What I didn't understand was...why would you buy the cd of the musical when you could just buy Billy Joel's cds?

Glad you guys had a good time!